Sunday, April 5, 2015

Pinewood Derby Stair Car Tutorial



Our ward had a pinewood derby race this past weekend, and David and I wanted to make a sweet car. We really like Modern Family, so we decided to re-create the iconic Bluth family stair car from the show.




We started with your basic pinewood derby car kit.


I took some scrap plywood and cut a few layers of it to stack up as the body, and I also cut an angle to the original block of wood we were given.


After gluing those together, I took some popsicle sticks and hot glued them on to be the stairs, I cut out some round pieces of cardboard from a cereal box and glued that on, ang glued on one popsicle stick for the front bumper. Then I painted everything white/red/blue/black/silver (except the logo, which was printed on paper and glued on).



Turned out pretty sweet.







No comments:

Post a Comment