Monday, June 15, 2015

I love you but you don't know what you're talking about

I saw this cute little embroidery hoop on Etsy that perfectly describes my relationship with David (it's a quote from the movie Moonrise Kingdom). In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said this exact thing to him before.


It is a 4" hoop that someone is selling for $15. Outrageous! I could make this for free minus the cost of the hoop itself. 

So I went out and bought a 4" hoop. When I held the hoop up to my computer screen, it was obvious that the cross stitch fabric this Etsy seller used had much larger squares than the normal 14 squares/inch fabric I use. I didn't want to go out and buy more, but I happened to have accidentally bought 18 squares/inch fabric one time, and it just so happens that this is almost exactly half the size of the one the seller used. So for every one square in the original pattern, mine has four tiny squares.


 I held up the fabric to the computer screen and started with the word "I" roughly where I thought it should go.

I used pink, blue, green, and black that I already had on hand from other projects. I used two strands of embroidery floss for everything, but looking at the original, I think the seller may have used 3. 



I finished it by folding over the fabric and hot gluing it to the inside of the hoop.


I found a nice little spot for it on my wall.




No comments:

Post a Comment