Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Embroidery Hoops

I have my thesis defense scheduled, so for two weeks I am not going to school or working. This leaves me with a lot of free time. In the last two days I have made four new embroidery hoops. Embroidery is a lot faster than cross stitch, so it's really easy to just whip out a bunch of them.

The first one I did is a 9" hoop that a friend of mine put on Etsy. It has since been sold, but I think it was going for about $45. I bought the fabric from Joanns and used 6 strands of thread that I already had. I used two layers of fabric, and hot glued the edge of the fabric to the inside of the back of the hoop.

The Original

 My Copy


The second hoop was a Harry Potter quote that I found on Pinterest. This is a 9" hoop as well, made with 4 strands of embroidery floss on one layer of fabric. After stitching, I added another layer of fabric behind the first, and hot glued all the edges to the inside of the back of the hoop.

The original

I trace the pattern on my fabric

Finished product

The extra layer of fabric covers up the stitching from the back.

The third hoop was the fastest one I made. It took me maybe half an hour, if that. I just think it is so cute and funny. This is a 3" hoop with 18 count Aida fabric. I used one strand of black embroidery floss. I found the original hoop on Etsy.

The origiinal

My copy


The last hoop is another Harry Potter one from Etsy and was selling for $38. I used fabric I already had with 6 strands of embroidery floss, and I purshased the felt from Joanns. I stitched this on two layers of fabric. The hoop is 7".

The Original

Pattern

Finished product


The four hoops I finished yesterday and today:


I love them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment